Monday, February 4, 2008

Eating Healthy


You're trying so hard to eat healthy. Tofu, salads, low-fat cottage cheese. Sound familiar? But it doesn't have to be a drag to fit some healthy meals into your day. I have always been a proponent of moderation. That double chocolate chunk cookie can still fit into your diet. I guess I was fortunate enough to grow up around good food. My parents never restricted what I could eat, but I always seemed to gravitate towards the healthier options like fresh fruit, grilled chicken, steamed veggies. Eating healthier doesn't have to be a chore. On the whole, choose grilled over fried, veggie sauces over cream sauces, leave the mayo off the sandwich and ask for the dressing on the side. Enjoy what you eat; just make sure you're fueling your body with the nutrients it needs.

No comments: